Thursday, May 31, 2012

Level 1 Review of Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred!

Let's talk about Level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and my personal experiences with it. First off...I took all of my measurements because I've read that with this workout you will see a lot of inches lost which means you are gaining lean muscle and losing fat. The scale will more than likely not measure your progress as well as the tape measurer will. I will be measuring myself after I complete each level. I just finished level 1 yesterday and will begin level 2 this evening. On the first day of popping in this dvd I was very positive that I was going to have a great experience since each level is under 30 minutes. I began to work out and decided to take the modified approach since I've just started working out again. I thought I was going to DIE!!! lol! I was huffing and puffing, stopping every few seconds to drink water, sweating like a banchi, and was waiting for the cool down session to approach. Afterwards I felt a bit shaky and going up and down my stairs for the next few days was definitely no treat. I trekked on to day 2 and I was soooo sore. Muscles I didn't even know I had were in pain! I pushed through the workout thinking..."If I can get through this my soreness will ease up." I was so wrong! I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, but this workout takes some will power. Jillian literally kicks your ass for the short amount of time that she has you. Haha! On day 3 I was in the worst of moods. I didn't want to be touched, I felt sick, sore, and pissed off. Did I quit??? Hell no! I kept going! By day 4 I felt better and started to notice that my endurance was increasing. I was stopping less than I was before and felt great and motivated. 
From day 5 and on I couldn't wait to be done with this level because I was sick of listening to Jillian say the same things over and over which motivated me even more to not skip a day. I literally wished at times that I could throw my hand weight at the tv screen. Lmao! Yesterday I finished with day 10 of level 1 and will now be moving on to day 2. Hooray! By day 9 and 10 I was able to make it through the workout without stopping except for a quick sip of water. I'm feeling awesome!!! I have noticed that I have been a lot hungrier lately, but when I eat my appetite is smaller which is odd. I did expect to be hungrier since I am more active.
As I mentioned before I will be taking my measurements after each level is completed and I did so yesterday. To my amazement I gained 2lbs! I read on-line that when you workout when you've been sedentary and you begin to lose weight, your body reacts by retaining some water. Your muscles get tears in them since they are being worked out and the water retention is a defense mechanism to repair our muscles and to also take place of the lost fat. There is something called a "whoosh" effect that happens 2-3 weeks into working out or dieting where you suddenly lose water weight and the scale drops because your body realizes that fat will not be restored and it's fine to let go of the liquid. So...I wasn't to discouraged by the weight gain since we all know muscle weighs more than fat. I did notice that my jeans have begun to feel tighter in the butt and leg area. I'm assuming...A. because of the water retention and B. because I'm gaining muscle. Anyways...I'm not brave enough to post my exact measurements quite yet because I want to reach my personal goals, but I have lost inches! 
I have lost 1/2 inch on both of my arms, 1 inch from under my bust, 1 inch from my waist, 1/2 inch from my lower stomach, 1/2 inch from my hips, and a 1/2 inch from my mid thighs. The only things that haven't budged yet are my calfs and upper thighs. In total I have lost 4 1/2 inches on my entire body in just 10 days so I'm really proud of myself and excited. For level two I expect to see better results as I am hoping to release this water weight from my body. My legs feel a lot firmer and my booty is feeling lifted. I am also able to push through the ab workouts and push ups. They're still hard, but I can do them without stopping! I am so excited to approach level 2 with some motivation! If you have done the 30 day shred or are doing it...please comment below with your experiences! I'd love to hear about them. :)
<3
Hayley 

No comments:

Post a Comment