Thursday, May 31, 2012

Introduction to Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred Challenge!

This summer I will be heading to Vegas for a Scentsy convention! Yay! Not only will I be able to meet a few of my Youtube friends, but I'll also get to meet a lot of people on my Scentsy team in person. I'm so excited! We will be flying out on July 24th. With that in mind...summer is right around the corner. I live close to a beach and we're planning to spend a lot of time out there so I decided it was time to get in shape. I recently quit my birth control patch and started gaining weight rapidly the way I did the previous time before when I quit. I gained 10lbs in 1 month!!! Since I'm only 4'11 the weight has no where to go but out. I was feeling frumpy and very sedentary. I was used to being very active when I was performing onstage.(singer) I decided to bust out one of my old DVD's called Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I bought it off of Amazon when I first got married for $4! You can easily find this at Wal-mart now a days for around $10. This is the workout program I will be reviewing for you and I will also post a video about it on my youtube beauty channel with my final thoughts once I've completed the whole program. 
This DVD says that you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days. On average, I've seen people lose around 8lbs of fat which doesn't sound like a lot, but they look amazing! (google this dvd and you'll find a ton of before and after images.) That is pure fat lost and of course a lot of muscle gain. This workout comes in 3 different levels and it's basically circuit training. I researched everything I could find on this workout so I could do it right. You're supposed to do this workout for 30 consecutive days. No breaks, no resting, etc.  You're supposed to do level 1 for ten days, level 2 for ten days, and then finally level 3 for the remaining 10 days.  (I finished level 1 yesterday!) All you need is a workout mat if you're on a hard surface and some hand weights of your choice.  The dvd also has 2 women working out behind Jillian. There is one girl who does a modified version of the workouts (which I am doing) and one who is doing a more difficult full on way of doing the workout. The workout is in a 321 format meaning...3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. You have a warm up and a cool down session and the entire workout is LESS than 30 minutes! I have been able to fit this into my busy schedule fairly easily. The other awesome thing about this dvd is if you finish the challenge and you've started with a modified version you can then do it over with heavier weights or by doing the unmodified version to take it to the next level. You can literally get a lot of different workouts from this one dvd. 
I will say that this workout definitely takes determination and dedication to reach your goals. I started on May 21st which gives me 2 months to look fab for Vegas and for the beach.  I am so excited to see my final results because I've never done something like this before, but my body definitely responds to this kind of training. If you want to know my experience with Level 1 you can read the next blog. For those of you joining the 30 day shred challenge...Good luck!!!
<3
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment