Sunday, May 13, 2012

Life Detox

I am so excited for myself! In the past few months I have really gotten back into reading again. I used to love to read when I was younger and for a while recently I was feeling extremely uneasy about a lot of things.  I really wanted to find a way to make myself peaceful since my life is always such a whirlwind. When you work in bars like I do, it can be emotionally and mentally draining because believe it or not you are surrounded by a lot of negative Nancy's for the majority of the time. I thought to myself..."What are the things I used to enjoy doing when I was younger and why aren't I doing some of those things now?" Well...One of them was taking long walks by myself to the park or anywhere else. But, in our world now a days that's almost impossible when you're a woman. It's become a dangerous thing. :/ I kept racking my brain and I used to LOVE to read. I probably stopped because it wasn't the "cool" thing to do. But, I love to read things and learn. I'm more of a self help, inspirational, how to, type of reader. Anything that I can gain knowledge from is something I like to read.  
One day I was sitting back getting ready for an event and was flipping through the channels when someone caught my ear. I flipped back and realized that I was on the inspirational channel which I never watch. A Pastor named Mike Murdock was talking. I was instantly enthralled in everything he had to say.  He mentioned one of his books at the end of the segment and when I got home that evening I ordered 4 of them! He has so many books to choose from. His way of preaching is so relatable. He really makes you look at things from a different perspective. I just finished reading my 4th book today and since reading his books I feel like my life and way of thinking has changed drastically.  He is a Pastor that talks about prosperity, having a better life, blessings, ways to bless others, planting seeds, etc. I swear since reading his books I've had more success with my finances, a more peaceful mind, and a completely different outlook when it comes to work and people. He has really inspired me to want to be better. If I've had a bad day I'll come home and read a little bit of my book and I instantly feel a calm come over me. It's amazing! I want to order more of his books now that I'm done with all of these. I want to learn more! He has so many quotes through out his books that you can live by and use as life mottos. One of them that has really stuck with me is.."What you do for others, God will do for you." If you help others to succeed...God will help you to succeed. If you make others happy...God will make you happy. It's all about having faith. :) 
Last but not least..reading these books have made me feel so much more confident. I feel like speaking my mind is the only option lately. It's not a bad thing and I've always been like that, but it's in a different way now. It's almost as if I can turn a negative conversation around just by speaking my mind and asking the questions that most people wouldn't ask. I don't know if that makes any sense...but it is sooo crazy! It's almost like a life detox. Anyways...I highly recommend his books if you are going through a troubled time or simply just want to live a more God like life. I can almost guarantee that this will give you a nice soul and brain detox. Who needs a spa when you can have a life detox in a book :)
<3
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment